Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Q&A with Applications Engineer Benjamin Domingo

Get to know Bishop-Wisecarver's Applications Engineer, Benjamin Domingo!
Benjamin joined our company in May 2010, and holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from The University of California, Santa Barbara. He is the second bilingual customer service representative who can assist customers with their application requirements in either Spanish or English. Benjamin can be reached via e-mail at BenD@bwc.com

Question: Why did you want to be an engineer?
Answer: I was always curious about how things worked and loved to build stuff as a kid. Naturally, this led me to an interest in engineering.

Question: Who was your biggest influence in becoming an engineer?
Answer: My mathematics teacher in high school was my biggest influence. I never really enjoyed math but she taught it in a way that sparked my interest in solving mathematical/engineering problems.

Question: Where did you go for schooling?
Answer: I attended the University of California, Santa Barbara and obtained a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering

Question: What kind of job experience did you have before joining the Bishop-Wisecarver team? Any internships?
Answer: I was involved in robotic research at school. I worked with a grad student and a professor on autonomous robotic control. It was a great experience and an enjoyable one that I will never forget.

Question: What do you enjoy most about being an engineer?
Answer: I enjoy helping people.

Question: What's the most rewarding thing about being an engineer?
Answer: The most rewarding thing about being an engineer is seeing all your hard work become a solution to something.

Question:  What is the most creative project you have worked on?
Answer: Building a soccer playing robot where I was primarily focused on designing the kicking and dribbling mechanisms and omni-directional movement.

Question: Any advice to aspiring engineers?
Answer: Keep yourself motivated. Do what you love.