Spring has (almost) sprung! And the Twitterverse is a'twitter with all kinds of riveting conversations. Ready for a new week of twit-chat? Join us at @BWCnews. Your tweet just may end up in our next round-up!
1. 'A Gorgeous Herd of Stop-Motion Zombies' on www.io9.com: Here's a film we'll line up to see! It's a stop-motion animated film about a zombie uprising. Can't go wrong with that!
2. How Higher Fuel Prices Could Help American Manufacturing on the Bishop-Wisecarver Daily: It sounds like an oxymoron, but this Tim magazine article explains that the boom in car manufacturing has less to do with vehicles and more to do with gas prices. How so? Click the link to find out.
3. BWC Demos: LoPro Linear Actuators on Design World: The folks at Design World caught up with one of our engineers at the West Pack show we attended last month in Anaheim. They interviewed us about one of our demos and kindly posted the resulting video online. Check it out!
4. New 'Games for Engineers' Page on BWC.com: We keep adding, tweaking and otherwise improving our website, which often means adding new sections for you to peruse. The latest is a page the houses all the word searches, crosswords and other fun engineering-related games to give you a fun break from your work day. What do you think of the added feature?
6. A Bishop-Wisecarver Businessweek Profile on Investing.Businessweek.com: We found out through a Google alert earlier this week that the newspaper of note included us in their business listings. We're honored to be a part!
7. Engineering Top Ten Lists on Engineering.com: Our friends at EngCom put together some succinct lists of engineering-related things like the top engineering schools, top gizmos and gadgets and other interesting sum-ups. May come in handy!
9. Automated Ink-Jet Labeling Robot on FanucRobotics.com: We met our pals Fanuc Robotics at the West Pack show last month, when we started following them on Twitter (@FanucRobotics). That's how we stumbled across this cool video application example they posted online this week. Another eye-catching demo, just like the ones we saw at the trade show!
10. Bionic Legs Help Paraplegics Walk on SingularityHub.com: Robotic exoskeletons are officially a type of medical therapy. A company called Ekso Bionics gave its first pair of lower body supports to a guy in Colorado who's been unable to walk for years. Amazing!