Well, Thanksgiving wasted no time getting here! Like a lot of you, we've wrapped up our work week a couple days early. But that doesn't mean we'll end it without our regular top tweets post! We're creatures of habit. Thankfully, there's a ton of Turkey Day convo buzzing through our Twitter feeds. Here's a sampling of the chatter, which you can add to by following us on Twitter @BWCnews (but you should know that by now) ...
|Credit: Jason Willome|
2. Fab Tech a Huge Success on Peddinghaus.com: We can certainly attest to that! This link popped up in our news feed and we had to share it because it's a cool little wrap-up of videos, photos, news and other highlights from this year's massive metal industry trade show. Awesome experience!
3. 2012's Megatrends in Manufacturing Contest on Manufacturing-Executive.com: A little extra cash is something to be thankful for — and here's one way to earn some! Just log in there to start a discussion on the Manufacturing Exec. forum about what you think will be the biggest manufacturing mega-trend of the coming year. Sign up, get your social circle involved in the discussion and you may just win a $150 prize. Sounds like a good deal to us!
4. The Best Way to Achieve a Healthy Work-Life Balance via @ForkLiftSystems: At Bishop-Wisecarver, we're grateful to work for a second-generation family-owned company. This article offers some good advice about how business owners can maintain a healthy work-life balance by getting family involved, whether it's bringing them on business trips or asking for their advice on your successes and mistakes. Interesting read — what do you think about the author's suggestions?
6. Chevrolet's Century on the New Yorker: We bet the folks at Chevy are thankful for the press in this very prestigious magazine, one of the first places the manufacturer actually advertised! Looks like the car maker celebrated 100 years in business this month — the actual date was Nov. 3. The New Yorker pulled some vintage Chevy ads for a slideshow retrospective in honor of the century anniversary. Pretty cool slice of American manufacturing history!
7. Manufacturing Issues Heat Up the Campaign Trail via AmericanManufacturing.org: Our presidential election is about a year out, but manufacturing and trade policy are key issues right now for the GOP presidential candidates. Some candidates have taken pretty strong stances on the topic — read this Politico article for more on that. It'll be interesting to see how the debate shapes up in the coming months!
|Credit: On Orbit Watch|
9. Faster-Than-Light Neutrinos or "Einstein — Give the Guy a Break!" via @UnknownSymmetry: Self-described "armchair particle physicist, sometime rocket scientist [and] educator of young minds" Charles Simpson is new to the Twitterverse (welcome, by the way!). At the behest of Dr. Lucy, we're now one of his new followers so we spotted this link to his blog where he muses on the implications of neutrinos reportedly traveling faster than the speed of light. What does this mean for Einstein's elegant equation, he asks? Good question!
|Credit: Bob Brittain|